Southern Division - NSP
Patroller Conference 2019
Friday, August 23, 2019
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Sunday, August 25, 2019
MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Please reserve your room and ask for the National Ski Patrol 2019 rate of $105.00 plus $17.33 tax ($122.33 total)
Call (800) 820-5055 MeadowView direct.
Hotel deadline for reserving rooms at the NSP rate is: THURSDAY - August 1, 2019. Here are the events scheduled for
patrollers this year:
- Guest Speaker - Meegan Moszynski (National Ski Patrol Executive Director)
- Annual Board of Directors Meeting - Sunday - (Executive Committee Meeting on Friday evening)
- 2019 Hybrid OEC Refresher -- A full refresher for the 2018-2020 season, intended to provide a
Refresher opportunity for those who cannot attend their patrol's refresher as a "student"
(such as ITs and IORs). This is a Hybrid course, requiring a completed online module (with certificate)
and completed workbook.
- Breakout Sessions - Separate breakouts with options in each! Topics include:
- Lifts and Patrollers: The Nuts and Bolts of Protecting our Patrons - Doppelmayr USA
- The NEW Southern Division Website
- ICS 100: How to Make Your Patrol Compliant
- Moving Up the Ranks: How to Get the Right People in the Right Positions within your Patrol, Region,
Division and Nationally
- Awards for our Patrollers: How to Recognize The Deserving
- Fundraising: Successful Methods to Raise Funds for Patrols
- Introduction to Senior and Certified Programs
- All Disciplines Instructor Continuing Education: Avoiding the "Tree Wells" of Course Tools
- Moulage: Best Practices
- Snowsports and OET Update
- Women's Program Roundtable During Lunch
- CPR Certification
- Instructor Development Hybrid Course (Senior Elective)
- Regional Roundtables for OEC ROA-IT-Instructors, Senior T/E and OET, Patrol Directors, Finance and
Legal, Regions, Program Supervisors and more ...
Lunch has a light option this year (Full plated lunch or Light Lunch (1/2 Turkey Sandwich, Cup of Soup, Chips, Pickle, Cookie, Iced Tea and Coffee)
Awards Banquet Saturday Evening (fee required)
This is a full service hotel and conference center that caters to the needs of its guests. There are two State Parks
close by for outdoor recreation. The hotel has its own golf course, plus swimming pool and hot tub. The meeting
facilities are first class, and the Hospitality Suite is an experience! Golf times are limited - so call ahead for
reservations if you are interested.
NOTE: Alternative Lodging is available in the area including: Super 8 - 2 miles / $69; Sleep Inn - 7 miles / $76;
La Quinta - 7 miles / $79; Motel 6 - 5 miles / $52; Travel Inn - 2 miles / $45; Westside Inn - 2 miles / $46.These are not
guaranteed rates so verify the amount when you make your reservation.
This is the Official Notice for the Annual Board Meeting and I would like to add my official invitation to all members
and alumni. This is your event! Please join us for a fun, informative, and educational experience deep in the mountains
See you there!
Tom Byron - Southern Division Director
Teresa T. Stewart - Southern Division Event Organizer
A registration form may be found here.
Pay for classes and clinics using PayPal!
Specify in 'comments' your name and what you are registering for